After the Goldrush

I heard this Neil Young song today and it brought back many thoughts.


I have always been intrigued by the lyrics and the possible meanings from which Neil was writing at the time. In different interviews over the years he has said he has no idea and probably was from whatever he was taking at the time (drugs or high fever?).


I have always looked at the song from the perspective of past, present, and future. As time has progressed from 1970 until now its possible meanings have also changed when I think about it.


I’m going to give you three versions of the song and with each, if you take the time to listen, will bring with it something different.


The imagery throughout the song is haunting in one sense, a past from medieval times and the pageantry, painting pictures of a possible lost planet in another, and possibly new beginnings at the end.


Either way great music from a long ago time that still impacts the listener if you can stop and take the time to listen.


Enjoy!


Neil Young – After the Goldrush



The second has both the imagery of sight and sound with beautiful artwork by visionary artist John Pitre and sung a cappella by Prelude.



This last one blew me away and gave me even more insight into the sounds of After the Goldrush. Close your eyes and allow the music to take you.



I hope you enjoyed the music!


I needed the break and welcome old tunes to remind us of times gone by.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores