The Small Bus does not go that far down this road.


The Small Bus does not go that far down this road.

That’s a great line, especially if you deal with people.  It is a Southern term that sometimes brings smiles to some faces or possibly frustration to others.  I guess it depends on the situation and how much exposure you have with the other person.  Sometimes you come in contact with someone . . . it may be at the mall or in a social gathering and possibly a co-worker or other individual you observe over a period of time from which an opinion is formed.

You cannot quite put your finger on it but something about the person is just not exactly right.  The elevator has left the basement but has not reached the top floor . . . and may never reach it.

I’ve said many times over the years . . . “He or she is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.”  It goes along those same lines.

“The lights on, but no one is home” is another way to express the frustration of dealing with someone who cannot understand what you are trying to convey.  The devils advocate would ask did you make it clear what you wanted.  Crystal would be the pat answer but playing along with this crazy theme, “finished or done?”  Are you finished with whatever task you were given?  The reply is “I’m done!”  Upon further discussion, Ok since you are done go here and do this task.  “Oh, I can’t I need to go back and do this one thing!”

So you were not “finished or done” since you have to go back . . . “I was ‘done’ for the day once I go do this one thing I’ll be done.”  You will be complete?
“Oh yes, complete with the task.

Great that is what I was looking for two days ago when we started this exercise in global communication.  Do not tell me what you think I want to hear, tell me the true status of what you are doing.  I don’t think that is too hard to ask of someone.

I think for some people there is a very fine line between effect communication and bullshit.  You better put on your waders it is getting deep in here right now.

I had what I thought was a meaningful conversation . . . but after I see the deer in the headlights look staring back at me I realized . . .

The small bus does not go that far down this road.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores