Turdy Something . . .


Many days at work I take my lunch at the Applebee’s down the street from my office.  It is a nice place and the staff treats me and my co-workers great knowing what we usually eat and as we walk in the order is put in so we have our meal fast.

I walked in on Valentine’s Day and the two high top tables that we normally sit at were full and I was by myself my waitress asked me to sit at the bar.  I said ok and as I walked in noticed this old man with a walker making his way slowly from his table toward the bathroom.  I did not think anything of it other than I noticed him and also a lady on the other side of the restaurant who was trying to get her small child to stop throwing his napkin and spoon on the floor.

I was talking with the waitress for several minutes while I waited for my salad and soup to come out and she was telling me about a couple of things happening at Applebee’s and with a couple of the staff she worked with.

The woman finally had her son under control and had all of the napkins picked up and the old man was slowly walking up the ramp and into the restroom.  It seemed like he had been walking for about 5 minutes and I decided I would use the bathroom and wash my hands right before my food was brought out.

I headed up the ramp and into the restroom and could hear the old man struggling inside the walled stall.  I did my business and headed back out to the bar and as I hit the top of the ramp I noticed a small turd sitting there.  I had apparently walked over it as I went into the restroom.  I was back at the bar and my food came out and I mentioned that there was a Valentine’s present left over by the restroom.  The waitress walked over and literally fell down laughing and several others came over to see what was happening.  No one wanted to clean it up and I asked them who had a dog?  They looked at me not sure where I was going with that comment when I told them that whomever had a dog probably had one of the little scoop and broom things and could easily scoop it up and into the trash.  No one wanted to do it but finally one of the staff picked it up.

I’m eating my meal and things calmed down when about 10 minutes later the old man came out of the restroom and ever so slowly made his way back to his table.  There was some laughing about my Valentine’s gift comment and after the man left the talk started up about nothing like that had ever happened there so it was a new thing for everyone working there.

A funny thing was the rest of the patrons in the restaurant never knew what was happening by the restroom other than the staff cracking up laughing as they worked the floor.  This was a funny lunch for sure and was a new experience for everyone.  

As for the old man . . . it was somewhat sad that it happened but I think next time he will ask to be seated closer to the restroom.  Either way it is another chapter in my book, “You can’t make this shit up!”  Maybe it will be the first story.

Ice

Comments

Blogger said…
Did you know that you can shorten your urls with BCVC and get dollars from every visitor to your short links.

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores