Icewind’s Ramblings one year . . . thanks

This is my one year anniversary post for my blog, Icewind’s Ramblings.

It started out as a way to preserve some things I had written on the forum boards at The Amazon Basin. At the time we were having server problems as the Community of gamers grew. I did not want a few of the funny stories to be lost and it was also a way that I could post things about living in Alaska and post pictures of places and activities here.


It has changed somewhat from those early posts and has transformed itself to the oddities of life in the far north from a Southern perspective. Moving from Georgia to Utah then to Alaska has been an experience in itself.

Let me say that what this has been about has been “life at the end of the road,” literally, when we came here after many miles of travel there is nowhere else to go on the road system in the USA. I can drive a few hours south to Homer Alaska and you come to “the end of the road” on the Homer spit in Kachemak Bay. It was going to be the adventures of a family that wanted to do something different and found something, ultimately, far deeper than “different” and wonderful. That I think is what Alaska is to almost everyone who comes here, and I would say that this is what it is to those who were born here also.

It has turned into Life Observations, the humor in this world around us, and something special with nature’s wildlife outside my door. I look forward to continuing this process that has already begun. With looking for Alaska and reporting to you the many mysteries and wonders found here.

There are many people ignorant of our ways and the eccentricities of Alaska’s individuals which we cannot change the fact that Alaska is a strange and mysterious archangel who winds the tendrils of her mysteries around her devotees in a death-grip which sometimes brings just that: death, whether of the ego or the illusions of oneself, or if you are lucky . . . life, as one might have hoped life would reveal itself. Sometimes if only one were patient and brave enough to lean right into it.

Life happens here . . . the beauty . . . the cold realities of nature . . . and a mix of peoples from everywhere. Not exactly what I expected but thankful for the chance to experience this wonderful land.

It will be interesting to see where this next year takes us and what life lessons we will learn.

Thanks to all those that have sent things of interest (I hope to use it all before this is over) and I hope I have shared a few smiles to brighten your day.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores