Did this happen at your Thanksgiving dinner this year?

A few years ago at Thanksgiving, my family went to my sister's house for our traditional feast we had with family and friends. This was when I still lived in the south (Atlanta) and all the family members would bring a dish or two for the great meal. My aunts and mama would make many dishes and deserts and we usually had more food than everyone could eat so leftovers were always something everyone desired to take home with them.

All of us ‘kids’ were always joking around so that year knowing how gullible my sister is, I decided to play a trick. I told my sister that she needed to go to the store for something we needed and she happily left for the store.

While my sister was gone, we took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, shoved a Cornish hen inside the turkey, and inserted the stuffing back inside the turkey. We then placed the bird(S) back in the oven to finish cooking.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in not sure what she was hitting and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Judy, you've cooked a pregnant bird!"

At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister broke down and started to cry. I know we’re bad with the practical jokes but it was all in good fun.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!


Yep . . . you guessed it . . .

She's Blonde!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday last week.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores