Life Observation # 74

Sometimes life happens when you least expect it so I have not been posting lately but it does not stop the mind from thinking about things or observing something that triggers your mind to explode with possibilities of so many different things.

Trying to pick up the pace in my life to make sure all of the things put off lately get accomplished I dropped by the local Costco this afternoon on my way home from work. It was no big deal and I only have several items to get with TP being the most important item. The compulsiveness of walking up and down the aisles really not wanting to buy anything that you did not need or want must be hard for many people who stop in to Costco or Sam’s Club. You arrive with those few items on the list and first they parade you by the liquor portion of the store . . . next is the huge high definition televisions and computers within easy reach . . . I turn the corner and realize we must be starting to thaw in Alaska as there are bathing suits in many bright and vibrant colors. All I wanted was toilet paper which is in the rear of the store . . . just past the ‘fresh’ fruit . . . are they trying to tell us something?

I find the four items I am looking for and by the time I reach the checkout stand my buggy is holding about 15 items. Those buggers got me to compulsively buy more than I wanted or planned on. I am weak and just the sucker . . . I mean . . . shopper they look for. In a hurry with specific items in mind but Ahhhh . . . this looks good, drop it in the buggy and move on.

New Rule while shopping: I'm not the cashier!

By the time I look up from sliding my card . . . entering my PIN number . . . pressing "Enter" . . . verifying the amount . . . deciding ‘no’ . . . I don't want cash back . . . and pressing "Enter" again, . . . the kid who is supposed to be the cashier and ringing me up is standing there eating one of my Snickers.

I really do hate shopping!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores