Home Alone . . .

Tonight is the first night in recent memory that I am in the house alone . . . everyone is gone . . . someplace.

My wife, daughter, and son in law are all in Seattle tonight after early morning departures from Anchorage. My daughter who has been ill for several months was medivaced from here for treatments Outside.

My brother in law has left this afternoon with friends who flew in from several parts of the country for the start of a 10 day marathon fishing adventure. They headed for the Kenai River for the start of the Red salmon run. They will come back in town on Thursday for a couple of hours and then head out once again to Seward for some King Salmon fishing. Hopefully I can sneak away for a night of fishing to relax and collect my energy for the coming weeks.

My grand daughter is spending a couple of days with the other grandparents and my father in law is somewhere on the road between Utah and the wilds of Canada on his way here relocating all his belongs, RV, and truck. He is being helped by his friend who is driving with him and they will head out for their annual fishing trip for halibut, reds, and kings once the driving tasks are completed.

The only noise tonight is what I have made and the occasional barking from the new dog, Gus. He has helped me with a few chores . . . actually created a few as he likes to shred paper if he can.

I got home a little late as my rig is in the shop today getting a new water pump. Leaving the office later than normal as I had hoped they would have it repaired and I would be back on the road.

The quiet is something that has not been in this house in months and even with all of the daylight I hope to grab some much needed sleep.

If you are into prayer chains please keep my daughter and family in yours as there are many unanswered questions about her illness and we need all of the positive prayers we can receive.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores