Life Observation # 79

Men and women will act rationally . . .

When all other possibilities have been exhausted.

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July celebration wherever you found yourself. I took a much needed break and headed off to Big Lake for some time away from it all. Call it a pre-vacation warm up for our August trip.

My family headed out on Friday morning to meet up with Scott and his family who left after work on Thursday. I am reminded why it is difficult to go anywhere with the young ones as my daughter who has been recovering lately from an illness came along with her husband and one year old. I also took my granddaughter (4 yrs old) so packing up all of the items was a major pain. There were all of the sleeping bags, tents, porta-cribs, coolers, chairs (which I left in the rig as we did not need them), food, ice, dog, kids, and even a little fixins’ for my cooking.

We loaded up everything on the party barge and headed out across Big Lake, Mud Lake, and finally to Flat Lake to the cabin. We arrived after going through all of the traffic in Wasilla for the parade and other Revelers heading out to Denali or Big Lake.

Weather turned out great for two days as we were able to fish, Jet Ski, tube, and just hang out relaxing without the hectic time of town life.

My Observation above . . . It’s true . . . everyone has there opinion or ideas and after all of the debate is done . . .

It looks like we will burn down the Outhouse this winter and dig out a new one hopefully before winter sets in . . . now where is that shovel again . . . I’m not sure which end I should be scared of . . . the work end . . . or the leaning end (DOT worker’s joke).

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores