Sunday morning . . .

Summer morning . . .


Silence broken by the light sound . . .


of rain on a tin roof.

A busy few days here while waiting for summer to happen. It still has not warmed up here in Anchorage this summer. Only one day so far of reaching seventy degrees and it only lasted three hours. What a change from normal.

I played golf on Friday at Settlers Bay in the Pacific Plumbing Tournament and had a nice round with a great group of people. It was nice having a chance to mingle with those you may normally be competing against bidding projects in a no hassle friendly place. It gives time to catch up with old friends, past enemies, and get a feel for where everyone thinks the current work market is headed here in Alaska. There were the usual rumors floating around . . . the news of people moving from one company to another and the planting of seeds to see how far and from whom the rumors will spread. All in all a good day and the weather cooperated with cloudy overcast skies with the threat of rain all day but a slight breeze (to keep the bugs away) and mild temperatures in the 50’s-60’s.

Saturday and Sunday found me at my daughter’s house tearing out the master bathroom to remodel quickly. Her husband helped me tear out the cabinet, sink, upper cabinets, and flooring. We pulled up the toilet and once the flooring was removed we found some rotted wood which needed to be replaced. Saturday was a day of demolition and getting everything ready for replacement on Sunday. My daughter painted everything while I took out an old dishwasher in the kitchen and replaced it with a new one that had been sitting in the corner for several months while she was in and out of the hospital. Now was the time to get everything done before we head out for vacation soon.

After some soreness from laying the linoleum and climbing under the cabinets tonight I finally had a chance to relax and hopefully get some sleep. I have been sleeping with sporadic soundness all last week since I had been feeling poorly with all of the Cottonwood weeds flying around keeping congested and blowing my nose seemingly all day and night long. Last night I slept soundly as I had the windows open and could hear the raindrops falling as I slowly awoke from my slumber.

All that was missing was the sound of thunder in the distance . . . I still miss that.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores