Lawn Sprinklers

I like lawn sprinklers.


In Alaska they are not needed very much as normally we have a pretty good mixture of rain or snow to give us our water for the season. I used to live in the South and I miss that early morning ritual that they bring.


I like the Ch…Ch…ChChCh sound they make. I like their consistency. I remember the sound of sprinklers either retires a hard fought day, or it welcomes a new day’s possibilities. No one ever ran their sprinklers during the details of the day.


I now live in a semi-arctic climate so I do not have sprinklers at my house and few here have them, but there is a house up my street with sprinklers. I hear them as I walk up a nearby hill each morning during the ritual that is “my morning walk”. I walk very early and the song of the sprinklers as I climb up the hill is a mantra for me both in my exercise and life lately.


Ch…(keep going) Ch…(new things are coming) ChChCh…(stay strong). I can not explain it and it may sound absurd, but lately I have really noticed the sprinklers.


I need them.


It is as if, in my efforts to cope lately, that as long as the sprinklers are on, all seems right with the world. I am very blessed, but things are tough all over lately and my life is no exception. Work is just a bear and I am to the point that I can only take the “news” for 15 minutes each day. Information overload . . . stress . . . things change from one day to the next, but


Ch…Ch…ChChCh…all is consistent and right, if just for a few minutes.


That is all from the laundry room.


Sweet Slumber!


Ice

Comments

JeanMac said…
Hang in there, Ice.
Icewind said…
Thanks Jean,

Right back at you!

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores