Marriage and Privacy

I have been thinking lately . . . I know that may not be a good thing but it happens sometime. I wanted a glass of Beringer’s as I was writing this but none could be found so I will just have to do without for awhile.


Back to my thoughts . . . recently it came to me as probably most people who share time with other people that there are those things that happen in the normal course of everyday living. The thing that struck me was what might seem normal for me might not be ‘normal’ or acceptable to others.


They might be those annoying things that either totally gross out the other person but they may never say anything and let things go on possibly for years and years. You probably know where this is going by now as it gets down to those basic things of living in close proximity with other people.


Do you “let it rip” in front of your spouse or mate?


Then it gets into the whole ‘fluffing the covers’ issues whether that is foreplay to some while totally changing the mood for others. Being originally from the south it has always seemed a form of foreplay. How about you?


Another area for some people is the daily activity of using the bathroom. In my simple thinking it does not matter to me either way if I go in proximity or close the door. The only time it gets called out to me is if there is ‘smell’ of a previous meal whiffing about the room. Is it a man thing that we do not care or worry about that or do the ‘liberated women’ who gained equality from Gloria Steinem do the same thing? Is there just a sense of normalcy that comes from spending time together that washes away the ‘weirdness’ factor.


I do have my limitations where I want some privacy in the bathroom when I get those unsightly nose hairs as I was taught many years ago that the good people do not pick at their nose in public.


Another area I want to do myself is my laundry . . . as I am happy to be the only one who has to deal with my brown tracks in my underwear. As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List about growing older, “Never trust a fart” and I think there may be some truth to that statement.


I guess I have been totally liberated for many years now and many other men out there probably feel the same way as it is totally sexy and a complete turn on for a wife to fart, crap and pee in front of her husband. Some couples I know, however, think it's no big deal, so tell me where you stand on going to the bathroom in front of your significant other.


No joke as guys just love that . . . It gets us in the mood. There’s nothing hotter than a wife letting one rip in bed and pulling the Dutch Oven on you. Then she’ll turn to you a few minutes later and ask, “Do you want to fool around?” Oh my, I thought you would never ask or should it be Uh, no thanks, how about tomorrow night? It’s also totally cool to walk around completely naked from 10pm – until you get into bed. No worries. It doesn’t bug me at all to get a glimpse of every single nook and cranny of your ass, vagina or boobs from every angle possible while I’m watching TV or surfing the net. Totally romantic to a man’s point of view as how come when we first met it took me six months to see the slightest glimpse of nipple? Now everyone is dressed up like NaNook of the North in flannel pajamas.


We have all aged and now are not in that shape we were so many years ago so should that change our mental attitude or is the ‘mind’s eye’ blind to those shapely changes? Does it matter anymore after time, kids, operations, or other scars gathered in a lifetime of living?


The younger couple probably has a somewhat different attitude from us old farts and maybe with age comes a more ‘give a shit’ attitude where you do not sweat the small things anymore. I feel it somewhat liberating but wonder at times if this is normal for others or is it just my ability to accept who I am, scars and all.


Is it me or is there something about women not wanting men to hear them pee? I have heard water running or hair dryers blowing trying to drown out the sound of that little tinkle in the toilet? Who cares but it does seem like many women try to disguise that sound.


So many questions and ideas about what is or is not private, and so many possible funny stories out there because I know that I am not the only one who wonders about this kind of stuff.


So America and the world at large . . . what are your thoughts?


Funnier the better!


Now go outside and look up . . . the sky is on fire the next two nights with the annual Perseid Meteor Shower.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores