Halloween . . . Yeah Right?


Happy Halloween everyone!

As most of you know I have been working on a couple of projects here at the house leaving me little time to write so I wanted to post a couple of pictures of the first bathroom makeover.  I just finished for another night at 10:30 pm so I sat down with a glass of Beringer’s, a couple of Advil and that good tired feeling of accomplishment after progress today working on the master bathroom.

But today I wanted to share some of the pictures from the previous work over two weekends.  This bathroom is the main full bath for the upstairs part of the house and is the one everyone uses all the time.  There was nothing about this room that really stood out but was painted when we moved in several years ago and my wife did a great job of decorating it, but it always seemed to lack something. 

Here is a before picture which almost shows the bland flooring of linoleum which I hated.  The walls are a very pale yellow color and the light bar is just a plain ‘baseball’ type fixture found in every DIY box store. 






My wife watches every HGTV and DIY show on remodeling and has a great eye for detail especially with painting and color selection.  Over the years especially with the extreme seasonal changes with light in Alaska she repaints many rooms twice a year to capture the best lighting outside whether it is the full 24 hours of daylight for several months in the summer or the 5 ½ hours of semi-daylight or gloomy cloudy weather of winter time.  My house has no beige or eggshell color walls anywhere nor over the years when we have found them, they seem to be painted over fairly quickly. 

I gutted the room removing the toilet, base cabinet, lavatory, baseboard molding, and flooring.  It jetted tub was the only thing I did not change only did some maintenance repairs on things since I had the area torn apart.  I also removed everything in a small closet and redid the floors and shelving in it.  I removed the door and all of the wood trim to make things easier and also to make the tile work easier to install.  This is how things looked after everything was out and the floor was ready for tile.




One night over the weekend my grandson, Zach was over and he helped me as the tile was being laid out and cut to fit around the toilet, hydronic baseboard heater piping, and closet offsets.

Next picture is the tile going in before grouting and baseboard trim is painted and reinstalled.




The new light fixture was a moose sconce type light which I really like.  The towel bar shelf and new mirror worked out nicely.




And finally the finished bathroom with the cabinet painted and minus a strip of tile accent trim across the tub base just below the shower curtain.  The walls were painted a soft brownish color called, Baguette.




A couple throw rugs finish off the room and the fact this only took two weekends inspired my wife to start demolition of the master bathroom for a complete makeover.  It has been gutted to the stud walls removing insulation and some water damaged areas.  I’ll go into more on that one as I have time but for now . . . a glass of wine, some fond memories of times past and the look to the future to get these chores completed and some much needed down time.

I hope everyone’s ghostly time was fun and you are able to see that big full moon like I’m seeing tonight and gives that big howling like I did earlier.

And don’t forget to set those clocks back an hour for a much needed extra hour of sleep . . . yeah right . . . like I’m going to get to sleep in.  It almost never happens for me.

Good night!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores