Hard Drive Crash like losing a friend

Last week I booted my computer when I came home from a trip and started to do my normal things like check emails, a visit to Facebook, and to write something for this blog.

I had been on maybe five minutes when I received a message from Microsoft that I needed to back up my data as my hard drive was near intimate failure.  I tried to remember the last time I had done a complete backup and figured it was during the last Christmas holidays.  Back then I had backed up on several discs so now I pulled out my trusty thumb drive and started to sort and back up some things.

The word items went fast and smoothly but once I started the many photos from work and my travels it bogged down quickly.  Then things would start to freeze up and a reboot was necessary.  Over the next day or two it became apparent that I was spending more time with the freeze ups and reboots than I did actually backing things up.

Then it happened . . . The Crash.

It would be several days before I could go buy a new hard drive and another day or so before my son could work on it.  In the mean time it was like losing a good friend.  All those little things we take for granted with our computer came to a crashing halt for several days and it was totally weird not being able to do those normal chores I have grown accustomed too. 

Finding myself with more time . . . for other things but not sure and kind of lost in figuring out what to do next.  How do you get the friend back or just wait for my son to have time to work on it.

Well . . . I’m back up now and running smoothly again so  I would suggest to everyone to do routine backups and the occasional scan disk/defragment cycle so you can be prepared for that warning to pop up.

It’s good to have the old friend back and with a little more room and the update.  Now if I can only find a little more time to do those things we have come to love.

Ice

Comments

JeanMac said…
Been there, luckily I back up once a week but when I start scanning all my recipes and docs, it will be daily.

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores