May the New Year be a great one

I meant to post this on New Years Day but was sidetracked like many of us do and thought I would post it anyway.

For many of us this year will be much like last year with many events and things happening in each others lives.  Hopefully more good ones this year than the last few but many times there are choices to be made and possibilities to ponder.

I can only hope 2011 will be a great year for you and during those times when you have to think of what direction to go or what changes need to be made one of the things that I try to remember is the poem by Robert Frost – The Road Not Taken.  It gives us an understanding to the possibilities in life and living each day for what it is.


The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost (1874–1963)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
...And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Twenty Ten was not kind to many of us so we can only hope that the future may be brighter and the choices we make will progress us toward great things.

Have a great year!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores