Funny Thoughts on Divorce

My best friend went through a divorce just over a year ago and at the time there is that feeling of trying to get it right with how you respond to the news.

The traditional way upon hearing that word, “Divorce” is the response, “I’m so sorry” . . .

But sometimes depending on the people’s circumstances divorce might just be a happy occasion . . . after all, no one hears of a happy marriage ending in divorce. 

Leading up to it might have been bad for a time but it’s over now so is it a happy occasion?  Different people probably look at it from many vantage points.

Here it is a year later and I am going through it after many years together and it comes with many strange and sometimes challenging expectations.

I’m older now so the prospect of getting into the ‘dating’ mode comes with mixed feelings.  The mind plays strange things with one’s self . . . you see that pretty lady and the ‘ego mind’ quickly jumps on your shoulder and whispers (or shouts) in your ear . . . You can have that . . . Go for it!  A couple hours later as you get out of the shower and look in the mirror that voice now has retreated to places unknown and your mind clears itself and you realize . . . I didn’t expect to keep “this” (stomach and body front) in presentation condition.  It was never expected to be “for show” again, who knew.

I always thought it was functional conditioning, exercise every three months and move on till the next time, now where’s my Corona?

So I see now that time changes for everyone . . . sometimes we see it coming while other times we rush to the change but in any case nothing stands still.  For me it has brought about self reflection and quietness without having many people around me lately.  It has broken some routines and possibly established others.
The years keep rolling by, like “All my Life’s a Circle”;

It seems like I've been here before;
I can't remember when;
But I have this funny feeling;
That we'll all be together again.
No straight lines make up my life;
And all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings;
And so far no dead-ends.

Again music is our common theme as we walk through this life. (Harry Chapin, man I miss your music.)

Remember, “Life is tough . . . Get a helmet!”

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores