Colonel is rolling in his grave . . . KFC Prices . . . Way to High . . . for a piece of Chicken!


I remember when I was young going to the local Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC in recent years) was a big deal for the family and a lot of fun.  I even met the Colonel once dressed out in his hat, cane and that funny laugh of his.

I do not eat there very often as it seems like each time I head over the prices keep going up and up.  My granddaughter wanted Mac & Cheese from KFC so I took her to the location just around the corner from my house.

Blasted by a menu board with many items and large print size prices (I guess to keep you from going into shock).  I stood there looking at all the prices, kid’s meals, family meals and for individual meals.

What struck me was how much the cost of chicken has gone up lately.  A 12 piece meal was $ 29.99 and this is for mainly thighs and wings with one breast thrown in.  What a rip-off.

A two piece chicken meal was almost $ 9 bucks but that did come with a side and biscuit.  It’s crazy how they seem to dictate what you will get.  I wanted the two piece; pay extra for a breast and what did I get . . . thigh and wing.  I had to tell them and show the one that took my order I had paid extra for the breast.

He was determined to give me a wing.  "No Wings! I tried to explain, it’s fairly obvious there is no meat on the wings."  The manager came out and made a point of saying that it is management policy that all customers must have wings regardless of what they order.  His argument is "we have to give them to somebody we can't order our chickens without wings."  He quizzed me on "what do you think we should do with it?"

It reminded me of a story my good friend Lewis Grizzard had on Marriott Boneless Chicken.  The punch line  . . . “It’s so sad to see them little chickens walk around without any bones in them, they just flop around all over the ground.”
I am not sure if this is a point of justification for dishonestly adding wings when we don't want them.  It did not seem to matter what you order, this manager & his staff are under instruction to take the order and get rid of the wings.

KFC customers are finding it difficult to continue to drop in these days and I bet many have let KFC management know that their prices are too high by not only complaining to them directly on Facebook and via customer complaints.  The biggest way to register our dissatisfaction with prices, service, and attitudes by the staff is by our decision to start shopping elsewhere.  It is a sad day for me that the local Fred Meyer has better chicken that the Icon that was once Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Good day!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores