"The Power of Positive Thinking"


I wanted to get my three daughters a little something for Christmas to put some positive thoughts to events over the last couple of years. 

In Anchorage we had a nice large Barnes and Nobel bookstore that has a coffee shop and a nice sitting area to read.  It can be found with quite a few people hanging out and enjoying a good book or a cup of java.  I love coffee so decided I would stop for a cup while I was trying to do my Christmas shopping.

I wanted to send my daughters a positive book that has always given me food for thought.  It is called "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale.

My thoughts were everyone can always use that little lift from a positive attitude and sharing that feeling with others around you.

Being the good father I wanted to boost these young women's spirit and help them get through the tough times away from family many miles away.  My thought process was I wanted to spout all this positive stuff how they can continue to grow and mature as women coming into their own when I walk up to one of the clerks standing behind a counter.

I'm smiling my best Southern smile and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" 

She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

Yep. Merry Fricken Christmas is what I felt from her, so much for a father trying to give support and wisdom.

I gave up on that idea and went in another direction.

I can only say that one negative person can bring down a room full of positive people if you let them.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores