Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

For those of us celebrating this day of Thanksgiving

and for those that may observe this on another time of the year,


I hope everyone has a wonderful day.


My daily prayer for many years has always had the partial lines of

"A Soldier's Prayer" and includes:

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I am blessed!

Here is "A Solder's Prayer" written during the civil war by an unknown Confederate soldier dying and written in blood on the floor of a cabin in South Carolina.

This was given to me in 1982 by my friend, Max Cleland and is the back cover of his book, "Strong at the Broken Places".

A Soldier's Prayer

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;

I was made weak, that I might humbly obey.

I asked for health; that I might do greater things;

I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy;

I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for - but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all men, most richly blessed.

By:

an unknown soldier

Enjoy this and all days and don't take the freedoms that God allows us lightly.


Happy Holidays


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores