Now the HOLE Story . . .

It was a long busy day today at work and I wanted to relax a little tonight before I sat down to write this blog. I hooked up with several friends of mine in The Amazon Basin who play a computer game with me. We get together for a 10 night stretch of game playing every month.

Several of us have been playing for several years now and others have joined us along the way. It is fun to get to know other people from around the world in such a simple way, playing “Diablo”. The game revolves around different characters going on quests and killing monsters and champions along the way. As you make your way through the game you will pick up gold coins, gather gear and weapons to use to help you in the many battles.

The fun thing about this group is we are quite a varied lot in age, locale, and humor. Russ is a guy from Canada, John a Texan, Flick the Californian, Gimel is from Australia, Spatten is from Oregon, and the last two people are usually either new people to the Basin or some who used to play with Russ and I but schedules keep them from joining regularly now.

We had fun tonight and it had me thinking about “Friends” and “Friendship” as we were having a great time telling jokes, running around making short work of the monsters. There are different character types with different skills so we can usually handle most anything we encounter.

I was able to dig up a few things that remind me of how to be a good friend:


"This guy is walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep and high that he can't get out.

"A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?'

The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and walks on.

"Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down here in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer, throws it into the hole and walks on.

"Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend without any hesitation jumps down in the hole.

Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'"



Another Truism about Friendship:

“A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying...'Wahoo wasn’t that a great time!!'”

Best Friends:

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had.”


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores