Thank God winter is almost over

Thank God winter is almost over here in the far north . . .

I will be going out of town tomorrow to the lower 48 to help my brother-in-law relocate here to Alaska. I should be gone about a week and won’t have access to the internet so I won’t be posting until I return.

I thought I would leave you with a few pictures till I return . . .

So here is a week’s worth till I get back . . .

These are just random odds and ends . . .

We are just finishing our king crab harvest . . . one of the most dangerous jobs on earth. The crews on a good harvest take home a lot of money for 4 months work but it does come with a price . . . extreme cold, wet icy conditions, and the possibility of being washed overboard or crushed by a large crab pot. But their efforts pay off for us to eat a wonderful dish . . . king crab legs . . .

















Then we have another look at an old friend from days gone by . . .

Aurora and Hale bop comet . . .
















Goodbye to the cold days of winter . . .










As we say Hello Spring . . .

















With summer . . . the kids come out to play . . .










And we invite the tourists back to

enjoy ‘everything’ that is Alaska . . .










And sometimes those office romances heat up

and there is sex in the office . . .









The Polar bears quit worrying about Global Warming

to have a nice BBQ








And the penguins that everyone thinks live in Alaska

find their own way . . .












As well as our own Mrs. Alaska

with her igloo gown . . .

we do things a little different in Alaska.















A nice day at the beach . . .








But getting back on track . . .








When I was out on Shemya Island all I wanted was a McDonald's . . .








But there were none to be found.

But with all good things at days end . . .









You can see I must go and have another glass of . . .
















to dream of that warm paradise in our mind . . .










Ice


Oh yeah . . . I almost forgot . . .










Till I return . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores