Biscuits and Whores


Some of the best things about life I learned from Lonesome Dove.

Great movie, excellent characters, and tells a story about how to live life.

Augustus McCrae

“It ain’t dying I’m talking about, it’s living.  I doubt it matters where you die, but it matters where you live.”

I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less.

“Yesterday’s gone and we can’t get it back.”

“I'm sure partial to the evening,' Augustus said. 'The evening and the morning.  If we just didn't have to have the rest of the dern day I'd be a lot happier.”

Hat Creek Cattle Company

Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is . . . he's hard to stop.

Biscuits

“I never knew you to get excited about anything except biscuits maybe . . . and whores!”   Captain Woodrow Call to Augustus McCrae in Lonesome Dove.

Whores

Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.

 . . . well I won't say I did and won't say I didn't but I will say this . . . I man that wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough.

Life in the old west was hard but also one of great adventure, whether it was fighting different groups along the way, exploring new country, or just lying under the stars next to a campfire with a good cup of coffee.  We have come far with technology but sometimes it is the simple things that give the most pleasure. 

Woodrow F. Call

I hate rude behavior in a man.  I won’t tolerate it.




Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?