Weird happenings lately . . .

We are thawing now snow is melting!

Yesterday I went for a bite to eat at lunch at a local Quizno’s and for me it was a late lunch since I was quite busy and could not leave until after 2:30pm long after the ‘normal’ lunch hour. It was quiet inside as there was only one other customer eating when I walked up to order my sandwich.

The ‘sandwich maker’ behind the counter was training another person and was pleasant as he asked me what I wanted by saying, “Ok Colonel Sanders what’ll you have?”

I was taken back by this comment a little at first as I realized he was talking about my goatee. I have had a beard for many years and shaved it off last summer. Over this winter I grew a goatee to head off the winter’s cold and did not think about the way it looked until his comment. Luckily I didn’t smell like fried chicken.

It has been that way the last few weeks as I was offered a ‘free cup’ of coffee last weekend at a local McDonalds. The lady waiting to take my order asked me if I wanted the senior discount ‘over 55’ special of the day. I laughed and thanked her for her kindness. I guess I’m looking like an ‘old fart’ more everyday and not just ‘sounding’ like one.

Several weeks ago as I was visiting an office to visit clients I had to use their facilities and found myself sitting there as the writing on the wall started to speak to me. There was the Rest Assured® Box hanging on the wall next to me. I had picked one out and placed it before I sat down in this semi public restroom but suddenly came to a realization.

In fact it said, "Seat Covers for Your Protection", "Quantity 1000" and I had just used the last one.

As I am sitting there contemplating this, it occurs to me that if I am
using the last seat cover, then nine hundred and ninety nine other
behinds had graced this particular throne . . .

Somehow a flimsy piece of tissue paper hardly seems adequate.

Sometimes people look at me a little funny now as I take my roll of aluminum foil to the restroom now . . .

But who will have the last laugh really?

Ahhhh, I think you know!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores