Oh my God . . . People everywhere!

Day 3 On the road - Edmonton

When we arrived in Edmonton, Alberta yesterday afternoon I was struck by the shear number of ‘stores’ everywhere. As we drove from the south side of town to my friend’s house on the north side we traveled past more strip mall stores that I can remember lately. Miles and miles on both sides of the street were filled with people, vehicles, and all sorts of store fronts selling almost everything imaginable.

As we made our way through town at one of the turns there was an interesting sign . . .





Gate of

Happy

Arrival



Edmonton has just over a million people and it seemed like Friday evening when we arrived and Saturday while we visited a few areas around town we must have seen almost every one of them. Many different cultures . . . this, an orthodox church at the stop light . . .










More people and vehicles were seen than I care to remember. The town was pretty and we visited the West Edmonton Mall (largest in the world it seems) and also had a drink at one of the hotels overlooking the river.

I wanted to share pictures with you of the mall as it was pretty neat. The problem I could not get my pictures to upload like I wanted. It covered a massive amount of space with several ‘wings’ or sections. There was a huge indoor water park, a full size amusement park including a roller coaster and there was a seal performance pool as well. A full size Spanish Galleon in one of the atriums complete with several ‘submarines’ to wind their way around the ‘sea’. Up an escalator there were 21 movie theaters plus an IMAX movie screen.

The food court had almost 100 different places to eat in a wide variety of tastes that could make you go crazy trying to figure out what you wanted. We found an English Pub to drink a Guinness and talk for awhile as we watched the continual parade of people walking by. It was almost overwhelming as I had not seen that many people in one place since I moved from Atlanta over 10 years ago.

We left the mall and went downtown by the river and had a drink while sitting overlooking the river from the bluff.



















I took a few pictures looking out from our vantage point and also some of the building’s architectures from the parking lot. It was a nice blend of old and new styles.






























Russ, Charlie, and I ended the day back at his house where I worked on some plumbing issues while they cooked another good dinner. We rested, talked, and had a few . . .














And readied ourselves for an early departure on Sunday morning.

It was great to spend time with my friend . . . it was great to have a slight break in the driving . . . but it was time to continue this adventure to the Alcan Highway.

More to come . . .

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores