Wings ‘n Things

It’s like losing a friend . . .

One of my favorite Anchorage restaurants closed its doors yesterday suddenly.

Wings ‘n Things has been an Anchorage landmark for many years opening in it’s tiny, homey place in 1983 and serving one of the most unique hot wings I’ve ever tasted. The location on the corner of I Street and 6th Avenue sometimes made it a little harder to drop in if you were working on the other side of town but it was always worth that extra ten minute drive.

The owners, Joe and Teresa served lunch with a smile and the staff was always helpful in bringing out the food or clearing the tables so others could enjoy the fare. It was a small place usually packed in the rooms during lunch time when businesses in town filled the place.

This was a ‘locals’ kind of place, but many visiting Alaska discovered this gem of an eatery. Wings were their specialty but many sandwiches were also served there. I usually had hot wings but also loved their Philly Cheesesteak while sitting under a large picture of “The Wall”, the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington DC. It is one of the most incredible pictures I have seen of this special place so I shall miss sitting there every week.

The closing happened suddenly and with no real answers but I am hoping Joe may have sold the property to the Church next door (for expansion) and we will shortly hear that Wing ‘n Things will reopen again somewhere soon.

I hope that is the case but if I have had my last hot wing . . . let me say it was wonderful as usual but I would have savored them more had I known it was my last.

Good luck to you and your family and thanks for such a wonderful experience at your place Wings ‘n Things . . . it became “our place” for many people . . . Thanks and May God Bless . . .

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores