Super Bowl Madness?

Not for me.

As I have stated before I am not a big fan of football anymore after suffering many losing season’s watching the Atlanta Falcons who never seemed to show up for the games each week proclaiming we just couldn’t get our heads into the game. It sort of put me off knowing these guys only work a few weeks each year spending the majority of the time at home or on the golf course. They would start a light training routine about a month before camp each year to loose weight and get back into shape.

I was invited to a Super Bowl Party this weekend at a friend’s house so it was with both feelings of I could care less if I went on one hand vs. the possibility of seeing a good game, spending time with friends, and the hype each year of the commercials that are debuted during the telecast.

I had hoped for a good game and it turned out to be a great game with the score reflecting the extraordinary talents of both teams. I probably rooted for New England only for the fact they had a chance for a perfect season as I remember how incredible it was when Miami did it when I was young. My only concern at half time was whether the Patriots had the speech by one of the players from the movie ‘Remember the Titans’ looping in the background. It would have been the right thing to have playing . . . the “we are perfect right now in this place at this time and we want to leave here the same way” was so fitting for their season.

The game came down to doing the things it takes to win . . . execution and leading men towards a common goal. Both played well and after Manning broke away from several defenders and completed a long pass down field it pretty much over with the winning touchdown coming two plays later. It was then a matter of the clocks final ticks to end an entertaining match.

Oh yeah, the Commercials . . .

There were several memorable to me . . . Fed-Ex Carrier Pigeons was great, witty and once you saw the street below it stole the show.

The Justin Timberlake Pepsi commercial had all of us in stitches. We weren’t sure where it would lead us as each sip brought something new and unexpected.

The Audi “Godfather” one had a great hook so it was pretty good. Classic.

The Bud Light “wine & cheese party” was great showing what lengths men will go to enjoying a beer and a game.

All in all it was a fun time as the game wasn’t a blow out by one team over the other and our crowd was about equally divided on who should win. It was probably not enough to make me sit week after week for a season of games but it was a nice reminder of what once was and maybe I’ll do it again next season.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores