Moose Run Mountain Course

It started out as any normal day . . . early. I awoke and drank a cup of coffee while I showered and headed out for work. It was just after four am and the sun was just coming over the mountains. It was a somewhat typical Alaskan summer morning . . . full light at an early hour . . . birds chirping . . . dogs barking . . . and as I made my way down the street there’s a black bear rummaging through the trash cans left on the curb about ten houses away from mine.

This would only be a half day of work as I have my first chance of the season to play a round of golf. It is a business outing with Mark my salesman from United Rental where we rent all of our equipment for jobs. We get our man lifts, forklifts, and extend-a-boom lifts from him. Chris & Scott who work for UIC construction were also in our foursome.

I picked Scott up at his house on the way to Moose Run Golf Course. It is a public course but is on part of Fort Richardson’s land. There are two areas to play, the Hillside or Creek courses and today we would be playing 18 holes on the Hillside. The course was in fairly good shape this early in the season but there were still a few greens that were temporary. The grass was just turning green and there were still areas of brown patches here and there.

The creek course is in better shape as the snow has been off longer and the groundskeepers have had more time to get them up to shape. It has been somewhat cooler lately but still has been getting closer to our normal.

My round started off like I hadn’t played all year as my first four holes were horrible. Things did get better and by the end of the round I made a pretty good comeback to almost get back to everyone else’ score. I started off with a pretty nasty left slice (I’m a lefty) but was able to get it under control after everyone’s critique. Mark had the best suggestions and once I started hitting as he suggested I was back in the middle of the fairway.

Mark was going to apply his golf lesson into my rental billing so everyone got a few laughs over that. The day had many funny things happen or said as this was a lively group.

Watching Mark hit the ball was almost like watching John Daly. He can hit the ball way out there and watching the flight of the ball going up, up, and slowly arching its way back to the fairway was like watching the slow motion commercial of Tiger Woods launching one into space. Drive after drive was like that . . . too bad the other parts of his game weren’t as solid, lol just kidding.

After our round we hit the 19th green in the clubhouse for a few rounds and much laughter. The sky over the mountains looked like it would rain but it never did and our round was really good. Chris, Scott, and I stayed a little longer than Mark and talked about work and saying how we should continue this during a much to busy summer.

Thanks Mark for a great outing and to Chris & Scott for a much needed break from the hustle of work and life lately.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores