Amazing Race 13

I watch reality shows for the express purpose of escaping from the demands of my work giving me that needed mental break and an escape to probably my somewhat less than exciting life. The crazy demands of work, raising a granddaughter at this time of life, so many things so I guess I can live capriciously watching The Amazing Race.

I have jokingly told my daughter that we should apply as we both enjoy the strange things they do on the show. Now I’ll let that sink in for a second, for those of you who’ve met one or both of us. Now you can laugh right along with me but there has always been that competitive spirit in me . . . the problem solving that goes with the varied tasks on the program fits right into my normal mindset. It would be a hoot to say the least.

With our zeal and the associated clumsiness one or both of us would end up maimed in some horrid way. I can just see it before the commercial break . . . trampled by a wild animal . . . maybe the victim of a zip line that sagged instead of zipped . . . . or more likely . . . abandoned in the middle of some town like Shanghais or some equally confusing city because the other one got mad and shredded the map or in my case . . . refused to ask for directions.

What I like about the show is that it gives you a look at the human condition in a fatigued high speed way. It is as much about compromise and respect as it is athleticism or an internal GPS. To me watching over the last few seasons it is not just knowing your partner’s strengths & weaknesses . . . it’s about appreciating them. Working together as a team adjusting the pitfalls with the determination to not give up during any of the tasks as you never know if another team has a meltdown or if that leg may be a non-elimination round.

Let’s see . . . Amazing Race 14 . . . who knows.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores