Early morning changes

I awoke this morning to the sound of thunder . . .

It was the early morning departure of several F-22 Raptors heading out in the cold clear darkness of an Alaskan morning. As I looked skyward I could the Big Dipper and the North Star directly overhead. The Raptors headed straight up into the night sky as if to fly over the large ladle in the sky. The cold penetrated my unshaven face and my Hawaiian shirt felt out of place without a jacket. The sound quickly faded in the coldness and I hurried back inside after taking the dog outside for his first morning romp.

I left the house to meet up with the Saturday morning breakfast club, a group of friends I have spent my Saturday mornings with for over five years now. The only time it has varied is if one or some of us are not in town.

As I turned south towards my breakfast meeting I could see the faint glow of first light silhouetting the mountains to the east. The clear sky and faint breeze made it feel colder than the twelve degrees that it actually was. You could see in the darkness the first signs of clouds moving over the tops of the mountains. What would this fine morning bring? Would it be the clear crisp cold of a fall morning or will the clouds overtake us and bring the snow flurries that were predicted?

Breakfast was the usual blend of talking points of late. Local happenings in the newspaper . . . some politics viewed from all sides . . . that’s what is great about friends, we can discuss things from various points of view learning from each others perspective. There were the stories and laughter that makes this what it is . . . with you not knowing who or how many will show up on any given Saturday.

It grew colder as I made my way on my round of chores and as I headed home I could see the clouds had overtaken the city and the snow was falling on the eastern half of the city. Changes were coming . . . just hope we are ready for them.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores