Writing . . . “Hope I’m Funny!”

This blog is about my journey as a writer, not necessarily making my way as a professional writer despite many people saying I should finish the book or two projects I have worked off and on for several years now. Others have also said . . . no one makes it as a writer.

I know that the internet is a permanent record of everything I write. I know that I could probably readers sometimes because of things I’ve written here. The funny thing is . . . I write for me . . . whether I have readers or not.

And I want to be funny.

I believe people want to read funny things. To be given something in return for those few minutes they have invested in dropping by to give it a look. I also know that a writer can’t hit the same note every single day. You cannot write a plumbing blog about plumbing every single day but over the years I have many funny stories. Can a humor blog be funny every single day or a tech blog that’s about tech thingies every single day hold your interest?

Will I bore the crap out of my audience? I surely hope not but, then it’s a personal thing to observe and report back those little things that amuse me as I walk though this life.

I have no idea what the future of this blog holds, but I’ll make you a promise. I’ll continue to seek out those moments . . . those little observations when people don’t think anyone is paying attention to them . . . and put it out there for whoever cares to look.

Life sometimes gets in the way of my writing everyday but that’s ok too.

The implication is that the person could have been a writer if they had had just ten minutes' more time in the day.

As someone once said, writers write. Wannabe writers wanna write.

So, I don’t know. Like Richard Pryor once said, “Hope I’m Funny!”

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores