Merry Christmas to All

2008 has been one of those years that you just wish was over and can look forward to the coming New Year.


Last nights post ended with a kind of somber note that I felt there would be no saving grace at the end of this year. After I posted I sat there and felt bad that over the course of the whole year I was left with a ‘downer mood’ which goes against all of my positive being.


I went to sleep late after watching my granddaughter fall asleep on the couch waiting to see Santa come down the chimney. She made sure that the fire that had been raging earlier was out and the chimney had cooled so Santa would make his appearance.


I wandered off to sleep just as a light snowfall was coming down outside and the light played off the crystallized snowflakes as it passed by the street light out front. I finally fell asleep around four in the morning and ‘slept’ in as that is my usual time for waking up and getting ready for work.


I was in a deep sleep when around 8 am my granddaughter came bursting into the bedroom excitedly exclaiming that Santa had came. She repeated it over and over for everyone to get up and see.


I had lost some of the zeal of 2008 and its Christmas this year but leave it in the capable hands of an innocent four year old to salvage things and show her Papa that there is still magic out there if we just look and open our hearts to the possibilities.


I received an email late last night from one of my gaming community friends who let me know that he had just returned home in time to see his family returning from another tour in Iraq. Again this tour he lost several of his troops and was glad to not have to write another memorial tribute before years end. My response was that he made it in time to see his children's faces when they woke up this morning.


We are truly blessed.


My holiday post today is with humor showing one of my favorite comedy routines. Jeff was just here in Alaska bringing smiles and light to a dark time of year, thanks Jeff.


Here are some short clips from Jeff Dunham’s Christmas Special with his cast of great characters. Enjoy!


Merry Christmas!



Holiday Tips



That Perfect Gift



Bubba J’s Roadkill Christmas



Achmed’s Jingle Bombs



Holiday Cooking Tips



I hope that brought out a smile and maybe a much need laugh or two.


Have a Safe and Happy Holidays.


Ice

Comments

kenju said…
It brought a smile, a chuckle or two and a big laugh! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!
Icewind said…
Happy Holidays, with a warm smile from Alaska!

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores