Hot Tub Technology . . . too many buttons

I’ve had this post in my ready folder for a long time now as I had written this last winter during a break from bidding work and slid off for a quiet weekend. It never made it to a post but since I do not have time to write tonight with all of the activities at the hospital I figured I would pull this out of the folder and post it now. I am hoping to get back on schedule with my writing but real life gives us change ups and curve balls that take away from many things.


I keep calling it a cabin, but really it was a cottage above the town of Seward, Alaska partly built over the cliff in the wooded hills that stand over the marina and Resurrection Bay. It’s called “Cabin on the Cliff” and a friend that my company does work for owns it and rents it out. Tourists keep it pretty booked during the summer months but in the past I have booked it to take a much needed break, decompress, and rest up from my busy schedule.


Everything in it was modern, even the gazebo Jacuzzi hot tub on the deck overlooking the boat harbor. Oh yeah, it had a computer too. I can turn on the jets with it. Turn on the colored lights inside the tub. I can also make them blink, change colors and come on with the timer function. I don't know why I would ever need to program flashing blue lights to come on while I am taking a soaking a month in advance, but I have that option.


Problem is, you can’t just turn the water on and get in. No, no, no! This is progress my friends. If I want the jets to come on while I am actually in the stupid tub, I first have to scroll through a tiny liquid display touch screen computer built into the side of the tub . . . locate exactly what I want the tub to do . . . and then enter in the proper code it uses to function.




It's a tub! Not a nuclear guidance system like in “Crimson Tide” or “The Hunt for Red October”. I just want hot water that swooshes around me while I sit and watch the snow fall or watch the sleepy town during the winter. That’s all. The funny thing about the tub, the water heater doesn't work properly. Well, it works a little too well! The funny thing is the computer doesn't control is the temperature. It must have shorted out or something.




It seems sorta stupid to have all that technology built into the side of the thing and but now has nothing to do with how hot you want the water . . . but look at the pretty lights . . . what ambiance!


The water was scalding hot even with it snowing. My friend who owns the cabin had warned me about this before I arrived. They told me to just fill the tub up a little to top it off and wait for the water to cool down a bit before getting in.


That’s probably a good thing because I needed that time to figure out how to work the computer anyway. It was snowing like crazy as I removed the cover in my bathing trunks. Probably not a pretty sight as it probably looked like a white polar bear lumbering around on the side of the cliff.


Ice

Comments

kenju said…
What a great looking cabin that is!
Icewind said…
Yes it is. It's built out onto the cliff with two levels, one below the deck level.

It's a great place to rest and get away during the winter months. I hope to go there in the summer months to see things with activity of a busy fishing town and not as I have seen it in the winter months.

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores