Bucket List or small moments?

I first saw the movie The Bucket List while I was on vacation last year in Cancun. I had taken my Netflix movie with me on the plane to watch but instead watched it while everyone slept.


There were several things that struck me while watching as both Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman did an ample job developing their characters. Sean Hayes was also good as Edward’s (Nicholson) long suffering assistant.


Toward the end of the movie while Carter (Freeman) is back in the hospital after the globe trotting duo had spent several months doing things and striking items off of their “Bucket List” (as in things to do before one kicks the proverbial bucket) I was drawn to a passage by Morgan Freeman.


Carter tells Edward this: "My pastor always says our lives are streams flowing into the same river towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls. Find the joy in your life, Edward. My dear friend, close your eyes and let the waters take you home [heaven?]."


It’s interesting that many of us probably have our list and at times we are able to strike off an item or two. Sometimes we just have to take a chance to give ourselves that needed push to find that joy that Carter talks about. I think that a lot of people get wrapped up in things around them that they miss seeing some things right in front of their eyes.


We’re conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.


People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said . . .

But they will ALWAYS remember how you made them FEEL.



(Perhaps another missed Life Observation here)


You will always remember the joy you felt bringing joy to others.


Finally my Ramblings bring me to believe a real joy is experienced when one is able to accept the totality of life with all its ups and downs . . . successes and failures . . . joys and disappointments.


It is up to each of us to pay attention and not miss those instances that tend to get missed in the hustle and bustle of life.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores