Driving while Texting . . . crash!

Today I am sitting at a stop light waiting for the light to change and look in my side mirror and see this car approaching but not slowing down to stop. I could see the young girl looking down and realized she was using her phone to text message someone as she rear ended the car in front of her which was beside me.


She had looked up just before impact so luckily she had started to brake just before hitting with some force to the vehicle. No one was hurt but I am sure both felt lucky that it turned out ok but not without more drama and comedy.


The guy that was hit was upset and rightly so as he was minding his own business waiting like me for the light to change. The young girl on the other hand was also slightly upset for what ever reason, that fateful phone call to the parents about the accident, or that realization that messing with the phone had totally changed her day and possibly her life. I am not sure which but she got out of her car just as the guy did and walked up to him noticing he was a ‘little person’.


A brief exchange of words was spoken but I did not hear either ask if the other was ok or injured. The guy seemed aggravated as the girl says, “I’m sorry dude, it’s not that bad.”


The guy stares at her and says, “I’m not happy!”


Then the girl without missing a beat says, “So which one are you?”


I about fell over laughing as the guy slapped her just as the policeman walked up trying to figure out what was going on. He motioned me to go so I drove off without giving any witness information.


Moral of this unfortunate incident . . .


Don’t text while driving!


Don’t insult someone with your Observations.


And never ever let your Alligator mouth overload your Humming Bird ass lest someone will pop you upside your head.


Work this week was brutal but tomorrow is a play day with a golf outing with one of my vendors customer appreciation tournaments so if the weather cooperates it should be a great day. The country is roasting in the Lower 48 but we enjoyed another 60 degree day.


If I can just find my golf clubs hidden in the garage somewhere? I need to leave the house around 5 am to drive to Settler’s Bay course out in the valley for tee time.


On a final note, the passing of several icons in the entertainment industry this week brings with it a wide ranging viewpoint of what each contributed to us in their various medium.


Ed, the perfect sidekick and pitchman will be remembered for his years with Johnny. Thanks for the laughs!


Farrah stole many hearts in my youth and showed us she wasn’t just another pretty face.


Michael, a strange dude who was another one who changed the face of music during his time can now face his true test of what time of man he was as he meets the maker.


Condolences to the families.


Ice

Comments

JeanMac said…
Your posts are like winning essays to me. Hope you enjoyed golf and the balmy weather!
Icewind said…
I hope you week is going smoothly!

The weather has been wonderful this summer compared to the last three.

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores