Mixed Bag Sunday

I heard someone say, “Opening a new jar of peanut butter is one of the simple pleasures in life.”


I tend to believe that and think about that sudden rush to the senses of the fresh roasted peanuts when I open a jar. It smells like Heaven should be and one of the many wonderful smells that overwhelm you as you arrive.


Many times I see people who travel to Alaska to take in the beauty and uniqueness to this wonderful place. I’ve talked with many who look in every nook and cranny to find wildlife or that special vista they have seen in books only to come here and either the weather obscures the view or the wildlife is off on their own vacation.


It has sometimes been suggested that it is a hoax that the Bureau of Tourism puts on and that there are no real things for the tourists to look at or find other than the signs placed strategically to insure they keep those cameras poised at the ready for that great snapshot.


For some of us the search actually comes to us for close viewing and our concerns are the pets, those dogs or cats that may be the intended target for the romp through our yards by nature’s animals.


Here is a couple of Anchorage’s Big Wild Life roaming around my place recently, the black bear just last Saturday in my second driveway.













Moose in the back yard.














It just might be a tourist hoax as we keep them around our houses.


Ice

Comments

JeanMac said…
I understand! I'm a victim of moose hoax. I love to see moose but as I travel thru "moose" country, not one to be seen. Then I meet up with others who passed same way and are raving about how many moose are around:)
Icewind said…
It happens that way. When I traveled up the Alcan through Canada there were all the signs along the highway and millions of tracks in the snow but not one was seen in 3 trips back and forth over a three week period.

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores