I Hate You . . . No, I Love You?


Voicemails

Many of you know I work as a mechanical plumbing contracting company where we have projects here in Anchorage and scattered all over the State of Alaska.

Sometimes you find those little things that brighten your day when you least expect it.  It may be a call or an email you receive about getting a new project or something good has happened on a jobsite.  At times with the difficult logistics getting materials into some of the most remote locations in the world a call that it arrived at all is cause for celebration.

Then there is those other calls . . . you know the ones that crack you up when you play them back on the answering machine returning from lunch.  Here is one from this afternoon.

Voice Message 1: You know what you're all a disgrace to your profession. This is my 8th call to a plumbing company . . . I’m telling you our bedrooms are flooding . . . I thought we had a relationship . . . you people don't even have the decency to call back.  This is my last call.  F*** you.  Have a f***ing good life, you are all a**holes!

Voice Message 2 (same guy, 5 minutes later): Look, I'm sorry . . . I lost it a little.  You can understand.  Our bedroom furniture is under water . . . I just need you to help a little. Please.  I'm really sorry!  If you could just call us back . . . I'd appreciate it.  My cell is always on . . . I know you're busy . . . 561-****  Thanks again.

This just cracked me up, especially since our firm is not a service type company which fixes leaks or floods or backed up sewer lines.  No one who works for me wants anything to do with being a scuba diver for Roto Rooter®.

This made a busy crazy day a little easier to make it to quitting time.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores