Knocking on Heaven’s Door


I ended up going out of town last week and did not queue this one up to post while I was away so I wanted to get this one out now.

My generation is slowly dying off.

This has been another hard week to watch or read the news as almost everyday this past week someone from my generation has died.  This summer has seen many deaths from the ‘baby boomer’ generation.

It may have come after a bout of cancer, a heart attack, or just a passing of those who brought music, laughter, or a great movie or television role.  It is a constant reminder that life is precious and to not miss out on living it while you can for you never know what changes may come in the future.

To some old friends who brought much to this world, we will miss you and your ability to make us laugh, sing, or be absorbed in the drama on the screen before us.










This summer could come to be known as the summer when baby boomers began to turn to the obituary pages first, to face not merely their own mortality or ponder their legacies, but to witness the passing of legends who defined us as a tribe, bequeathing through music, culture, news and politics a kind of generational badge that has begun to fray.

Ice

Comments

Chatty Crone said…
I didn't hear about Mary's death - I loved Peter, Paul, and Mary. That makes me sad. :(
Icewind said…
Yes many great Musicians are going by the wayside, some way too soon.

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores