What in the world happened? Snow again . . .


Last night I shoveled snow off the deck several times before dark and was down to an area of about 10’ x 10’ that was still packed with about 3 foot depth of snow.

All of the front decks were cleared, the side deck that runs the full length of the house was finally clean and I made the turn in the back of the house all the way to the steps going down to the backyard.  I would get them today along with the last patch of snow.

Or so I thought when I went to sleep last night.

I awoke this morning to find it snowing large wet flakes and the glow of the streetlight out front showed me it was coming down like there was no stopping it soon.  Four inches had falling since about 2:30 AM and when I left for work just after six it was almost blizzard conditions on the Glenn Hwy. with the wind blowing vehicles and snow all over the place.   I had not checked the weather before heading to sleep so I was shocked and somewhat miffed that we cannot get through breakup and warmer weather.

Looking out my window at the office showed me just a few hundred feet before everything turned into a white mist.  It never let up all day until I was going home and there was about a 20 minute lull in the snowfall.

Tonight final totals are about 8” to 10 inches since 2 AM with it expected to taper off overnight.  I’ll see shortly as I head to the airport at 4 AM for flights down to Larsen Bay for a recon of the site and meeting the tribal leaders and the major going over what we will be building there this summer.

Anyway . . . Off for a couple hours sleep before my flight.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores