Last Confederate Soldier


I was sitting here tonight and remembering my friend Lewis Grizzard as I was re-reading one of his books.  Years ago we hung out many nights together at Harrison’s on Peachtree with his step brother, Ludlow Porch (Bobby Hanson). 

Both were humorist and funny as hell.  Ludlow was a rather large man, huge really while Lewis and I were quite skinny back then.  Sitting at the bar or at a table the three of us looked a strange sight.  The laughter and stories are probably why I enjoy my Saturday breakfast so much; it reminds me of those nights.

The internet is a great thing as I looked I found several YouTube pieces from Lewis’ comedy albums or concerts.  I listened to them and I cannot stop laughing and honestly a few tears remembering those times.  It’s hard to believe Lewis has been gone almost 20 years now and Ludlow just over a year.

Keeping my Southern heritage alive and well I share one of my favorite stories, “The Last Confederate Soldier”, Enjoy!



And “Old Blue” about a dog that was too smart for his own good!



I hope that brought about a smile or good laugh, as we need one everyday in this world of trying times.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores