Inner Peace


If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat plain food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when you’re loved ones are too busy to give you any time . . .

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

. . . Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!

I lost two good dogs a few years ago about this time of year for both of them.  Casey was the first to go in 2005 and Levi, this man’s best friend died in 2007.

I would like another dog but do not want to ever again go the distance with having to lose another one so I’ll enjoy the memories of the fun we had over the years.

Ice

Comments

Allison said…
Some of my fondest memories of when you lived in Ga are coming to see you during the summers and having Aspen and Little Bit to play with. They were 2 of the best dogs I have ever seen....especially Aspen, I still miss her!!
Chatty Crone said…
It's funny - with a dog - you go away for one minute and come back - they act like they haven't seen you forever. They are so happy to see you and it's only been a minute.
Anonymous said…
Dogs are the best. Having lost 2 myself recently, (18 months between) we have another girls who will be 2 end of year and we are getting another soon. Their lives are so much better when caring people are with them.
Icewind said…
Sorry, I have not checked comments lately, but they were all good dogs to me, Aspen loved to hang glide with me, little bit just happy and Casey a good dog while Levi was my buddy and did everything with me, always by my side. At work or play he was there with all his toys in his mouth.

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores