Live Today Better than Yesterday


Over the last couple of years there have been changes in my life and at times that isolation with myself has given me some time to think about all the different things and people directly around my life and those that are within that circle or circles that are peripheral to my main group.  

I used to not really understand that we can figure out how this whole “life thing” works and once we do everything falls into place so much easier. I was primarily focused on absorbing as much information as I could and getting better at the things that I thought were going to “get me ahead in life”.
But, I didn’t realize that I was also supposed to be focusing on seeing the bigger picture and learning from all the lessons that came my way.

There were road blocks where I am sure I left family down at times by being focused on myself or the things I was involved in or closing off parts of me to get through whatever may have been going on in our lives.

It hadn’t occurred to me that I was supposed to get better and better at living — that I was supposed to Live Today Better than Yesterday.

Did it come at an expense?  I would have to say so as family is now scattered around the country and the “family” is splintered into many facets, different that what we all probably thought it would be. Everyone has to adapt, change focus, and set new courses into an unknown.  That time hopefully comes when you can recognize or for some of us, be hit with a “clue x 4” to bring us on track in our lives.

I think one day through the isolation it clicked and I have been trying to pay closer attention ever since.  Because, when it comes to life and how we are living, we are supposed to take notice of what works, what doesn’t work, and most importantly use all the wisdom we have gained from our past experiences.

I guess the thunderstorms tonight put me in a reflective mood.

Have an nIce day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores