Getting uplifted with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

I wanted to go back and write more on the fall night in north Georgia seeing the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band once again.  It uplifted my spirit at the time and made the upcoming week of losing my Aunt Doris thirteen days after losing my uncle a little easier as I remembered when the music can start to heal all things.

"Circlin' Back - the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band" tour came to the Georgia Mountain Fall Festival Celebrating 50 Years of playing great music together on Saturday night, October 1, 2016. The weather was perfect with a slight crispness in the air, a slight smell of wood smoke drifting by either from the nearby local area houses or the concession but either way it gave a welcoming down home feel to the evening. Playing to a sold out crowd the attendees ranged from grandchildren to middle age and to the bulk of the crowd, the over 50-60 crowd. 

I would guess that most were like me who have followed the group since the late 60’s attending their concerts whenever and wherever they played close-by.  I have seen them in Alaska, Utah, Colorado, Georgia, the Carolinas, Florida, and Tennessee over the years.  They continue to be on my playlist as I walk on this journey called life.  They have been a great companion as well as others since music has played a major part of my life.  There are songs to build you up, comfort you, and be a friend when you needed one and so many other things.  This night was a twenty song playlist of continuous music jamming for 2.5 hours of our favorite music.

A great night with a little music which included:

You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere, Dance Little Jean, Buy for me the Rain, Tulsa Sounds Like Trouble to Me, Stand a Little Rain, My Walking Shoes, Bluegrass Instrumental, Get Back, Honky Tonkin’, Working Man (Nowhere to Go), Mr. Bojangles, Ripplin’ Waters, Bless the Broken Road, Beverly Hillbillies, Harmonica Jam, Skinny Dipping/Fishin’ in the Dark, American Dream, Jambalaya (On the Bayou), and their encore; Will the Circle Be Unbroken and The Weight.

Everyone in the crowd seemed to have a good time, the band continued their tradition of coming out after the concert to greet those staying to say how much they enjoyed the music, buy souvenirs, or just say hello.  The mood walking out to the parking lots were upbeat, people talking how much fun they had and others singing NGDB songs.

This was a much needed uplifting mood and attitude night as music heals and makes all things better, or at least it does for me.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores