Life Observation # 180 . . . Opposing viewpoints

Life Observation # 180 . . . Opposing viewpoints



This year, 2016 is finally winding down and for many of us cannot wait for this one to come to a final close. It has been for many of us a trying, painful, and sad year with so many things happening to us and our families, friends and people all over the world who saw mainly the tragedies this year.  There were not many positive stories or things happening for everyone to feel good about.  The hope for better things in our lives used to be something everyone believed in and looked forward to but it seems many have given up on those attitudes and ideals.  Hopefully the New Year will bring back that feeling of renewed Hope, Abundance, and Gratefulness so lacking right now.

The election is finally over . . . the outcome only time will tell where our country will go from here . . . hopefully to a stronger nation once again.  I have friends on all sides of the political spectrum and it was an interesting exercise to see where everyone’s thought processes were going during the much too long period of the election cycle.  I saw this and thought it expressed what our freedoms are all about in this country.

“Disagreements are inevitable.  There will always be opposing viewpoints and a variety of perspectives on most subjects.  Tastes differ as well as preferences. That is why they make vanilla and chocolate and strawberry ice cream, why they build Fords and Chevys, Chryslers and Cadillacs, Hondas and Toyotas.  That is why our nation has room for Democrats and Republicans, conservatives and liberals - and moderates.  The tension is built into our system.  It is what freedom is all about, including religious freedom.

I am fairly firm in my theological convictions, but that doesn't mean you (or anyone) must agree with me.  All this explains why we must place so much importance on leaving "wobble room" in our relationships.  One's theological persuasion may not bend, but one's involvement with others must.”  Charles R. Swindoll

We all live . . .

so make it happy and meaningful one this year!

I can only hope everyone may look forward to a positive and blessed 2017 and that the New Year brings unseen blessings and great things for you and your families this coming year.

For me, 2016 brought about much change in my life and what I believed in, on so many levels.  Some good and some not so great but through it all I can say I come to this years end a better person, stronger in many of my family ties and some I still need to work on.  I left friends and loved ones in Alaska on my journey which brought with it many changes in my life.  I connected with old friends and met new ones along the way and am thankful that I took the time to be there for family members when they needed me. 

I continue to travel Life’s Highway and look forward to its possibilities.

Have a great New Year everyone, I am truly blessed to have you as friends and family!    

Ice

Comments

Colin said…
Have a wonderful led 2017!

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores