Reminder for us all too just enjoy “The Show”


Last night I had the pleasure of watching and listening to a thunderstorm move across my area.  It started with flashes of light followed by the sound of distant thunder and built to a crescendo with heavy rain, lightening, and winds blowing the wind chimes just outside.  It was almost magical seeing the light flashes brightening up the trees like some ghostly forms in the yard.  Alaska doesn’t get many thunderstorms and I have missed those the years I lived there.  Slowly I made my way into a nice sound sleep as the rain hit the metal roof giving me a symphony to nod off into dreamland.

I awoke up this morning and had this pop up on my FB page from this date in 2013 so I thought I would re-post it again for all my friends and family to remind us to slow things down a bit and enjoy life and all the gifts it gives us.  I hope you enjoy.

From March 28, 2013:

Several months ago I watched the movie, “Moneyball” with Brad Pitt.  It is a baseball story on the Oakland A’s rebuilding their baseball team using on base statistics as opposed to high dollar ball players.  There was a song that Pitt’s daughter in the story played that has kind of stuck with me since and at different times kept going off in my head.

Major league baseball slang for playing in the big leagues is called being in “The Show” which the name of the song is written by Lenka.  It is a catchy little tune but it kept going over in my mind how much like Life it applies for many of us.  

 “I'm just a little bit caught in the middle, Life is a maze and love is a riddle, I don't know where to go, can't do it alone, I've tried and I don't know why.

Slow it down, make it stop or else my heart is going to pop', Cause it's too much, yeah it's a lot to be something I'm not, I'm a fool out of love 'cause I just can't get enough.

I'm just a little bit caught in the middle, Life is a maze and love is a riddle, I don't know where to go, can't do it alone I've tried and I don't know why.

I'm just a little girl lost in the moment, I'm so scared but I don't show it, I can't figure it out, it's bringing me down, I know I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show.”


 I think ‘Life’ gets us into a mode where we are so busy with many things going on and find ourselves caught up in the maze of life sometimes wondering how or why we cannot figure out what to do.  It is hard to make yourself slow things down so the stresses of things around us become manageable or at least bring our level of frustration down to something acceptable and workable in our lives.

We find ourselves wrapped up in so many issues or things that we forget to slow it down a bit so we can enjoy “The Show” (our lives) and all of the wonderful things we have in it. 

That sunrise or sunset that begins and ends our day.  The sight and sounds of our children or grandchildren laughing or playing showing us the new thing they have learned.  The friend who needs that smile we give them unconditionally that might have totally changed their day.

These things are what we sometimes lose sight of while we go about our day never taking the time to slow or stop things enough to enjoy them.  Life changes for each of us at any given moment and sometimes those changes come with no warning or indication of what is beyond our current horizon. 

Do not waste a moment being too busy to enjoy those things in your life or the people around you and sometimes if you have a chance do something totally in the “random act of kindness” to someone you do not know.  It can be simple things, paying a toll for a vehicle behind you, buying that meal for someone who looks like they could use it while at dinner.  You; flashing that beautiful smile to someone having a horrible day, which might be the one thing that keeps them from going over the edge making things bearable once again.

We all have it within us . . . we just need to be aware and act on these simple things.

Have an Ice Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores