Have a great day!

Have a great day!
Enjoy your day.
Hey, what a good day it is!

You've heard and probably used these expressions many times.  It is something we do or say automatically.  Have a nice day!  It's a common courtesy.  But what really makes a good day for us?

If you've read this far, then I suspect you're already involved in the fight for making it a great day. It’s a choice one makes each and every morning if you are a lucky one and wake up this morning. 

Did you know it's awfully easy to NOT have a good day?  Seems like we are always trying to push water uphill or teach a pig to sing (we don’t rent pigs).  People get bogged down in the everyday mundaneness that we sometimes fall into.  The choice is made to just exist some days. A bad day is one that ends in leaving most of us depressed.  But the fact is we do have some really good days. 

Waking up just before sunrise to witness the color changes as our new day begins with the fade out of darkness and a renewed glow slowly creeps in widening across the sky and shortly becomes pale yellow then changes to orange or red, and finally the beginning of day once again with many birds outside chirping lively melodies.  Sometimes it is the simple things that make it a great day. 

We all deserve to have good days; more good ones than bad ones is my way of thinking.  The bottom line is that each day is what you make of it.  I don't believe in having bad days.  Oh, no doubt, I'll have some bad moments; but typically not a bad day.  I'd like to share with you how that is possible because I believe that if we can find more good days, we'll stay positive so we can all keep enjoying our lives and those around us.

We received a stark reminder on 9/11; I think we've all learned that we should count our blessings every day.  I know this event seriously reminded me that life is precious and we should not waste our time on things that bring us unhappiness. There is a lesson here for all of us.
I am fortunate in that I learned this a long time ago when I got on the plane to come home from Viet Nam.  I decided then and there to NOT have bad days; but rather to enjoy every day and to find something to smile about each day.  This revelation came at a price; but one that I'm glad I paid.  I would not want to live through going to war again; but I will never lose sight of the insight I gained by doing so.  Life is a gift and blessing which should be nourished to the fullest each waking moment.

We must, and can learn to have good days.  Each day is what we make of it.  Each day is measured by how we react to the things that happen to us.  It's our reaction that counts.  If we allow someone else to dictate how we feel about our day, then we're likely to have more bad than good days.  I say, Choose how you react.  Don't allow yourself to be suckered into someone else's bad day.  It's about allowing and choosing.

The words allow and choice is words I live by and keep posting from time to time as I go about my daily emails and writing.   I remind myself that I have the option to choose how I react to things; and that I do not have to allow someone else to determine how my day goes.  It's my choice.

Reflect on something good by the time you hit the sack so that you can make something good out of your day.  It'll make you a healthier person in the long run.


So with that in mind, have a truly great day.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores