A Technicolor Life

A Technicolor Life

Benjamin Franklin said, "Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing".

An old friend recently emailed me that her mom had passed and I could sense the loss in the brief words that were wrote informing me.  I knew that loss from my own dad’s passing when I was young.

I wrote a few words and wanted to fill the void I knew was missing but as I wrote I drew from my own loss years ago and more recently with the passing of my brother in law, aunt and uncle.  I filled the rest with my experiences of life when I was younger, time in Alaska and trying to move on when the loss comes.  Not much I thought but the reply seemed to find its mark.  Solace over the miles.

I love writing (ironic English was my worst subject in high school) and I was told it’s never too late to write a book or two.  I have one completed from years ago about my journey ending up in Alaska called 10,000 Horizons.  It is gathering dust on my hard drive and I need to find a publisher.  The second finished one is about divorce from a man’s viewpoint and dating again in that over 50 age group including internet dating.  I was going to make it an EBook but could never get the formatting right so it also sits in my hard drive file cabinet.  I have another book that was started when I lived in Alaska, a murder mystery, but that too with several chapters still in my mind waiting for that much needed down time to find my fingers on the keyboard.  Sadly it is like many things that get put on the back burner until that time it is brought to the top of the pile to write more again.  In Alaska my usual time for working on books was during the long dark Alaskan nights of winter and that time is upon us once again but now living in the South it is back to a more normal night time sequence.  Late night or early morning is when I usually write.

I guess the point I want to make is make the effort to live “Life in Technicolor” wherever you may be.  Find that place that makes you feel the most alive and as Nike has told us . . . “Just Do It”!  My place is here in the south once again helping family right now as I do not know where else I should be . . . I enjoy the water around my legs at the beach or wading out in those glacial cold rivers for that next salmon.  I do miss seeing the moose in my yard eating the leftover Halloween pumpkins half buried in the early season snow.  Now I have several deer that come eat corn I place in the yard every night so nature is still a big part of life here.

Those small things in life bring calmness and a slowing effect to my normally hurried self. Make sure you find that thing that brings about calm and clarity to your lives.

 May your life be full and a warm fire light your way.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores