Better Late than Never

Where I’m living right now I do not get “live” television stations but do get streaming services like Netflix and Hulu among other “on demand” type programming.  That is not all bad as I did not miss seeing the Super bowl commercials and now the Olympics but can see the highlights if I so choose.

I did recently see a series that was really great called “Better Late than Never” which originally aired on NBC.  It was funny, often times hysterical, and a nice change from all the BS and misery in the world today.



The concept, four friends traveling the world on a bucket list type journey with a younger sidekick who helps with the navigation and logistics of everything and it shows a wonderful side of the characters.  Henry Winkler, William Shatner, Terry Bradshaw, and George Foreman are the main cast along with comedian Jeff Dye as the sidekick.

There have been two seasons thus far and all of the episodes are funny with poignant moments dealing with their pasts, families, and crazy antics of being on the road together.  It is worth a watch and will give you several moments of being careful not to spit coffee out laughing so hard.

Terry Bradshaw is a hoot and I remember meeting him in the eighties when I was a corporate pilot in Atlanta when he was in town filming the movie Cannonball Run.  I had just landed and taxied my Citation into Epps Aviation to secure my plane when a King Air taxied in and parked next to me.  The name on the side of the plane said “Stutter One” and was owned by Mel Tillis.  
 As I finished my post flight walk around inspection the door to Stutter One opened and down the stairs walked Mel Tillis, who immediately spat a big chew of tobacco on the ground behind the airplane.  Next was Terry Bradshaw who ambles down the steps, takes a step toward the rear of the plane and spits out another big wad of tobacco.  Then Mel’s wife steps off the plane, and again does the same thing as Mel and Terry.  Standing in the doorway of the plane next was my childhood crush, JoJo Starbuck, and two time Olympian figure skater.  She steps down the stairs and as my heart sank she too, turns to the back of the airplane and lets go another wad of tobacco.  They walk into the terminal as I stood looking at the four big wads of chew lying there in the sunlight.

I go inside heading to my office when Terry starts a conversation about my airplane and that he likes the color scheme of the paint job.  I stayed and talked with them for about fifteen minutes while they waited for the limo to pick them up and take them to the “race headquarters’ off I285.  I found it interesting that during that time talking with them, Mel Tillis did not stutter once. 

Back to this story, during the two seasons I watched of Better Late than Never, it was enjoyable, informative, and surprised me on the things seen and said during the episodes, which went too fast.  Hopefully there will be a season three in the future as it was a blast.

Enjoy if you get the chance, it was worth the laugh and good felling.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores