On a little road . . .

. . . way down yonder from where I normally spend a lot of my time I ran across a little place that about says it all.


I had taken the day off from work on a late season fishing trip but the morning started off windy, cold, and raining sideways. I was in no hurry to get to the place we were going to fish so after a few side stops for coffee, some light snacks, and a couple of stops for pictures my companions and I decided to explore some areas we normally do not get a chance to visit.




"Reflections
at Tern Lake"


My brother in law and his dad were up in Alaska for a quick trip to visit us and if possible get another fishing trip in. Mike had came up several times over the summer to fish and this one was unplanned and a last minute decision. The rain and cold did not make for great anticipation for me as I had already put away all of our fishing gear and supplies for the coming winter season. Breaking it out again was not my favorite thing but they had come up and I wanted to have another opportunity to spend time together. It was no big deal to put everything away again after this little outing.





"Moose Pass Alaska"



We had driven down several roads that we had traveled before but with the fall leaves in color everything had a different fresh look to it. As we drew closer to our destination the rains quit, the sun came out and the winds had died down to just a light breeze.






"Moose in Bibb overalls"


Howdy Neighbor!


I turned down a little side road and headed toward Exit Glacier that is accessible with just a short walk. I’ll write about that soon but for now back to that little place that says it all.





"Cheap Beer and Lousy Food"



What more could one ask. This is a neat little place with a few cabins, a small restaurant and a bar. This was the quintessential Alaska spread. It was rustic, with mountains all around and beauty everywhere.



There were the totems outside with the bears climbing up.

The daily “special” board displayed the goods of the day and the many different beers were flowing freely. A live band performed during the tourist season (summer) so the place rocked in the wilderness.


"3 Bears Climbing"






It was great.


A fun day it turned out that started off on the nasty side. We did eventually fish that day but spent most of it exploring new places and seeing some pretty incredible things.




I’ll even throw in a little Ice to go with the cold beer.




"Mountainside of Green Ice"





I’ll finish this story tomorrow night.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores