Christmas Lights

It's that time again . . .


Most of you know that I really enjoy putting up Christmas Lights and over the years I have been kidded about being the Chevy Chase character that National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was based upon.

I remember being inspired by the light displays in rural Georgia that the Hardy family would put on every year. I would drag everyone to make the “short” trip to see them and we would leave about 5:30 pm and return home worn out from the drive around midnight.

My family humored me every year and I would come home and buy additional lights each year during the “after Christmas” sales or I would find them at yard sales so I could add more the next year.

I must say I out did myself this year, enjoy my little video of lights and sounds.

Click here to load short video.

Doesn’t it remind you of the displays put on in your area? I always loved the ones where you would drive through and stop and have hot chocolate and roast marshmallows over the open fire. The one at Lake Lanier in Georgia was always fun to drive through and see.

Calloway Gardens driving from Atlanta to Pine Mountain in middle Georgia to see the displays.

Disney World in Florida during the Christmas season has always been special because they bring back that feeling of being a kid again with the sights, smells, and sounds of the festivities.

Another must see display is Biltmore House and Gardens in Ashville, North Carolina during the Christmas season. The massive size of the house with all of the different rooms decorated back to the Vanderbilt family’s time period (1895) is a holiday experience to see.

I must say that by now you probably have realized that this is not my house this year and some people have wondered if it is real or not.

As seen here.

The nice story of this person’s Christmas spirit, it must drive the neighbors nuts to see the light show every night without the music playing. It may look like the display has an electrical short circuit.

I miss the light displays that are more prevalent in the South. Anchorage has the Festival of Lights each year that starts around Thanksgiving and continues until the last dog sled team crosses the finish line in the Iditarod race in March. The city has lights everywhere and a good number of houses put up lights but it is not the same.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores