One Chance To Make a First Impression

I first posted this on The Amazon Basin forums on 7-21-05

I have a friend over there named Russtovich who is known for his "wireless" setup for his computer and wandering all over the house playing our Diablo game or browsing the internet. Russ' wife works out of town so he has a tendency to browse "pantless". Everyone kids Russ about his play style and there is an ongoing addition to the "pantless" crowd whenever someone goes wireless or now "bluetooth" and posts about their new found places to play from.

I moved over the summer to a house that is nestled in the trees without anyone right up next to each other. It is in the city but is kinda remote up on the hillside.

I don't have wireless yet but with my recent move I moved my computer out on the back deck until my office is set back up using a long cable. It works great when the weather is good and a few days ago I was enjoying the breeze pantless drinking a Guinness and looking through the Forum boards at The Basin when my neighbor comes walking through the woods and up the stairs onto my deck.

You gotta love it when the "friendly" neighbor comes by to say hi, introduce herself, and say, "if you ever need anything just give me a holler".

I didn't know if I should be polite, standup and say hello or shout for my wife to come out and bring me some clothes. I just keep laughing and sipping my beer. This house sits on 2 1/2 acres so I wasn't expecting anything but a moose or possibly a bear to come walking through the woods.

I guess it is true, "You only have one chance to make a First Impression."

I made mine!

Time will tell if she comes back to borrow a cup of sugar, lol.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores