"Pudge in the Fridge"

I think some things have changed since we had little ones around the house. Or maybe I just don't remember the kids doing this stuff.

I was watching my grand daughter this past weekend. I call her "Pudge" because it is hard for me to call out her real name as it is one of my ex's name and it doesn't roll off the tongue like it did when I was in my 20's.


Every time I would get anything out of the refrigerator she would go over sit in the door and close it so there was barely any room for her.


And she would sit there giggling.

For a long, long time.

This happened over and over the three days she was with us.


"Pudge in the Fridge"





I commented to my wife and she said she does it every time she stays with us.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I am curious if this is a normal occurrence.


"Pudge having a snack"





I am amazed by all of the new things for the babies and
children now. I remember the "porta cribs" and driving a sick baby around in the car to get them to sleep when they were sick. Now they have swings with lights and play songs. There are all kinds of fold up strollers with many attachments and storage space built onto it. I am shocked to see all of the "foods and juices" available today. Luckily the kids can't read or know the difference and the adults have another thing to worry about figuring out which "taste" will suit them today. Many little "packaged" meals with pretty colors and textures for the kids to see and taste. "Joy at dinner time" for the little boys and girls.

Technology has invaded even the baby market where there are many upgrades to those items we had when we were babies. Like most of today’s society we have made things easier from the start of our children’s lives. There are the "throw away" items like diapers and wipes but also the small things like juices and "feel" food like carrots or bananas that come packaged for the "yuppie" crowd's babies.

I don't know how it will all end up for this new and next generation but I wonder sometimes what things would be like if children used their imagination again by having play time outdoors and not sitting in front of the TV or computers every day. Would that bring back that magic we experienced when we were children?

It would be interesting to see that again instead of the; "I'm bored, I'm bored" all the time.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores